Thursday

4 Days

Number four on the count down is a pictorial representation of the floral design class that I've been enjoying.  I think we all need to have fresh cut flowers in our homes.

Just a little history lesson on the subject.  Did you know that European homes and families have fresh cut flowers in their homes all the time?  Why you might ask?  Well, because they believe that a house is not fully decorated and finished without floral arrangements to help with the finishing touches.  Kind of weird don't you think?  Especially, since we (Americans) mostly do not have fresh flowers in our homes except for special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, etc. 

So, I've been learning this semester how to make and present floral designs for the home and also for special occasions.  I've included two of the examples that I've finished for my class that I think are interesting examples of what can be done and presented in our homes.  

This is a simple design done with fern, mums and a sort of snap dragon flower. 

This one is done in a more asymmetrical pattern that employs a lot of foliage and a few flowers.  I enjoyed doing this one.  




So, for today's slot on the count down, it is Fresh Flowers, to help us invite in spring and the beautiful colors and smells that God has given us. 

No comments: