Tuesday

Dublin for the Day

We were given cart Blanche for the majority of the day. We met briefly as a group to visit Trinity College and the Book of Kells.












The campus was very similar to what I had imagined from my readings of the book series by Karen Marie Moning.
Since having read that series I've been yearning to see Dublin and all other parts of Ireland. O have to say that the images on my mind were exceedingly more exciting in person than in my imagination.
If you have read the Fever series, which I would recommend to anyone who enjoys fantasy, you'll appreciate some of the pictures I took. If not you'll just have to read the books to understand why they were important to me.









STAY TO THE LIGHT!
Throughout our day of exploring Dublin, we wondered into so many bookstores, found many floral stands with beautiful flowers, and lots of astonishingly large and ornate buildings. An example of that is the St. Patrick's Cathedral that is in the Northeastern quadrant of the city.



At the center of the city is a park that is named Saint Stephen's Green Park. To me it was the equivalent of New York's Central Park. While it is not the same in regards to size, it is definitely a place that Dubliners go for a taste of the outdoors.









The National Museum of Ireland was our next stop on our tour.




By the way, when I mention the group in traveling around with, I'm referring to a group of four including myself.
Trivia question: How many National Museums of Idaho are there?
The first of the museum we went to was dedicated to the different animals and plants native to Ireland.









Next, we went to the museum dedicated to the history of the area.




The bog people, displays on the differing time areas throughout Ireland, and I took plenty of pictures of it all. I was really excited about the architectural finds like the torcks that were wrought from gold.


















Answer to Trivia Question: 5 museums.
We were also able to find a great pub to sit down in to have a bowl of Irish stew. I wish I had thought to take a picture of that, but you'll just have to take my word on the fact that it was delicious!
At the end of our day in Dublin, we had to catch a ferry to Hollyshead, Wales. That ferry left at 8:30 pm.



You can just barely see the ship in the distance, but man it was a huge ship.

No comments: