Wednesday

Conway Castle & Liverpool

Conway Castle & Merseyside Museum
We departed from Hollyhead, Wales this morning to travel through and out of Wales into England. On our way out of the country we had an opportunity to stop at a beautiful castle on the boarder of Wales and England.



The Conway Castle was so fascinating. I remember seeing a documentary on the castle and was so excited to be able to tour the remains of what was once a formidable reinforced castle that the Welsh used to defend Against the English and then later the English against the Scottish.









As I entered onto the castle it was not hard to imagine the types of people hat lived and fought and died there. The castle also allowed one to see the types of daily lives those with the castle lived. It was very much a communal society in which they shared time, space, goods and services. I took many pictures of the castle since it was one place that just seemed to speak to me and make my imagination run with all the interesting details readily available to see and touch. I wish that I could have gotten an arial photograph of the castle.






After being herded back to the bus so that we could move on to the next site, we headed to Liverpool, England. For some reason, the tour director thought it would be an interesting stop for those on the tour to explore the Merseyside museum that is where many of the English immigrants that joined the church in the ate 1800's left from to travel to America.



It was a bit distracting to be at this museum and also be in the center of a very run down and industrial city.









Liverpool, I would say was on my least-liked list. Although, they do have a really great restaurant there that was well worth the travel through.
After dinner in Liverpool we headed down to Bradford, England where we will stay for three nights. I am already singing in my head "Bed, glorious bed. I can't wait to meet ya!"



Another day tomorrow.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Beth said...

This is for all of my family. I want to see comments. I know you are looking at and possibly reading this blog. Let me know what you think, ask any questions, etc. I'm doing this as a journal but also for my family so that we can share the experience together.

Sarah Oman said...

I agree! I told dad he needed to comment. He said that he gets the updates through his email. It doesn't take him to your site. I have to admit that that's how I have been viewing too.
It is good to see updates from you!! I'm a little jealous of all the travel. Have Fun!!

Beth said...

Thanks Sarah for standing in my corner. I will be posting a lot more very soon! Love ya!